About Cricket

Get Live Cricket Score And Read All The Latest News That Suits You. Cricket Is Not All About Winning Or Losing It Is A Fun Game In Which A Game Played Between Two Teams Of 11 players. One team bats, trying to score as many runs as possible while the other team bowls and fields, trying to dismiss the batsmen and thus limit the runs scored by the batting team.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Shane Warne Farewells The Game He Loves



AFTER playing his final match in India, the king of spin says it's great to go out a winner.
SO my last ever professional game of cricket is behind me. I've reached the end.
And what a nice way to say goodbye.
It was great to finish here in Mumbai with a big win and I am really pleased with the way we all played.
It seemed fitting that my last match was against the great Sachin Tendulkar in his own backyard. All week I had been looking forward to resuming battle against the best cricketer I have played with or against.
After the match he approached me and said: "It has been an honour and a privilege to play against you. I wish you all the very best for the future. You are a legend."
It was a great moment.

I've had messages of support from all over the world from people - from my Mum and Dad through to my closest friends.So was having the guys give me a guard of honour as I left the field and the reaction from the crowd.
And it was great to have Elizabeth (Hurley) at the ground to see my final match.
In the days leading up to my farewell game of cricket, which has been my life since the summer of 1989, my mood was one of a reflective nature.
I think when you have been involved in sport, business or anything for 20-odd years or more, there is a love and passion for what you do - so, of course I will miss the game.
But to me, cricket has always been more about the people, friendships and the camaraderie of being in it together that has driven me along with the enjoyment of being in a battle and giving everything for the cause.
Basically, never giving up; it's that competitiveness which I will miss out on the field.
I have never seen playing cricket as a job. I saw it as my hobby, something I was passionate about and loved doing.
I'm thankful for the people that gave me the opportunity to play.
I think that showed in the way I played the game. Hopefully you enjoyed watching me toil away and try my best for all the teams I played for.
People ask me if I'm emotional walking away from cricket. I'm not. I'm happy and ready to go. It's the right time. This week I found myself with a big smile, feeling content with my life and what the future holds both personally and from now a businessman's point of view.
I am totally ready to say goodbye to the great game of cricket. So, please, no more questions about a comeback.
I would like to thank all the people out there who supported me unconditionally - which has meant a lot. I know at times you shook your head and said, "Sshaaaaaane!", but that's part of the journey of life.
I feel very proud of everything I've achieved in my cricketing career. When you finish something there can be a tendency to say, 'what am I going to do now?'
I am lucky I have some excellent business ventures and wonderful sponsors. I am captain of the 888 poker team. I really enjoy my poker and I'm improving year by year. I think 2011-12 could be the time I lift a big tournament trophy up. OK, wishful thinking.
Lastly, I want to say thanks to all my teammates - well, most of them - you guys made cricket fun and enjoyable to play.
I am not sure what my future holds, but I will stay in touch with cricket through my media work, so my opinion - if you like it - will still be heard.
But from today, I am no longer Shane Warne the playing cricketer. I am Shane Warne the businessman and I'm happy with that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More