About Cricket

Get Live Cricket Score And Read All The Latest News That Suits You. Cricket Is Not All About Winning Or Losing It Is A Fun Game In Which A Game Played Between Two Teams Of 11 players. One team bats, trying to score as many runs as possible while the other team bowls and fields, trying to dismiss the batsmen and thus limit the runs scored by the batting team.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

No Quit Plans For Sachin


Sachin Tendulkar insists he has no plans to retire after finally tasting World Cup success at the sixth attempt.

There was no 100th international century for the Little Master on Saturday but he walked away with the only medal that had so far eluded him, as India beat Sri Lanka by six wickets in the final in Mumbai.

With so many records to his name and his trophy collection now complete, the 37-year-old could not be blamed for calling time on his illustrious 20-year international career.

But Tendulkar told CricketWorld.com: "No. This is a moment to enjoy and celebrate. It's not about what I'm going to do in the future. This is a special moment which I really want to enjoy and live it to its fullest.

"This was the reason why I started playing cricket. I wanted to achieve something, do something for the country. The process has been a long one and I've continued to enjoy my game. I don't see any reason why I need to change anything right now."

The 37-year-old says he is still "speechless" after India's success.
"I started playing cricket dreaming of lifting the trophy one day and that is where it all started," he said.

"I am speechless to be honest, to express how I feel. This is by far the best moment. This is the moment I have been waiting for, for such a long time, 21 or 22 years. It is really worth every bit of it. It is really, really special."
The Indian team are yet to parade the World Cup in front of their legions of fans and Tendulkar admits he is looking forward to that.

"I haven't faced the general crowd outside," he said. "We've just been mingling with our family and friends. We haven't been able to experience and share our joy with the outsiders.

"That's the reaction I am really looking forward to. I can imagine what the reaction will be. All I've seen is the reaction on the news channels and it's absolutely fascinating."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More