About Cricket

Get Live Cricket Score And Read All The Latest News That Suits You. Cricket Is Not All About Winning Or Losing It Is A Fun Game In Which A Game Played Between Two Teams Of 11 players. One team bats, trying to score as many runs as possible while the other team bowls and fields, trying to dismiss the batsmen and thus limit the runs scored by the batting team.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Shoaib Akhtar Decides To Retire


Colombo, Pakistan’s Shoaib Akhtar, ranked one of the world’s fastest bowler says he does not have any regrets of 14-year international career after announcing he will retire at the end of 2011 Cricket World Cup.

 Akhtar also said he made up his mind to call it a day after Pakistan;s 110-run defeat at the hands of New Zealand in which he conceded 70 runs in nine overs.

"I have decided to retire. Mentally I wanted to go on forever but I have decided to make way for youngsters," the 35-year-old said on Thursday.

 "I have no regrets. I made lots of friends but some people have misunderstood me. I thank all players who played with me and against me. "It was an honour to have played with Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis. I never imagined I would play for Pakistan. It was my greatest moment. Pakistan's last match in this World Cup will also be my last. I hope that will be the final on April 2."

 Akhtar was dropped after the loss to New Zealand and did not play the game against Zimbabwe. He is also expected to sit out the final league game against Australia on Saturday. He made his international debut in 1997, took 178 wickets in 46 Tests, with the last coming against India in 2007. He also has 247 ODI wickets from 163 games. He told teammates about his decision before Thursday's practice session and all players hugged him after the chat. "I want to be remembered as an honest and patriotic player who never trod a wrong path," said Akhtar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More